Choir Concert at Intu Bromley

On Wednesday the 7th of December, the choir went on a singing trip to Bromley and they saw the winner of the X Factor Matt Terry ! After arriving at the Glades INTU, the choir sang their amazing songs to the Christmas shoppers.  Whilst at the venue, they sang many Christmas songs that rose the spirits of the public and spread  joy to everyone. They all went home happy, proud and glad that they even got to catch a glipse of a celebrity!

By Niamh, Alyssa and Sonya

intu1 intu 2 intu

We are proud of the choir who recently received this letter of thanks:

On behalf of everyone at Bromley Mencap I am writing to thank you and your choir for taking part in our Carol Singing Day at Intu Shopping Centre on Wednesday 07 December. I hope that you all enjoyed the occasion as much as our volunteers and customers at Intu did.  The singing was absolutely wonderful and a great start to the festive season.

I am delighted to inform you that we collected an amazing amount of £687.44.  You should all be very proud of yourselves and this will make a big difference to us and the families that we support.

All of the money raised will be used to help individuals of all ages who have disabilities in Bromley and provide support for their families. Events like the Carol Singing Day are vital for the future funding of the charity so we cannot thank you enough for taking part and supporting our work in such a positive way.

I wish all the staff, children and members of your choirs a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I  hope you can continue to support us in 2017.

Kind regards

Jane Barnes